The New InterCity Fleet is unsafe – and the NSW Government can’t ignore it any longer.
An independent safety evaluation has assessed the fleet’s operation model and confirmed it is not safe.
The Government has failed at every opportunity to address public concerns about the safety of the train’s design. These include:
- Driver-Only Operation design
- Flawed CCTV system offering poor vision of the platform
- Soundproofed cab that prevents crew from hearing distress on the platform
- Removal of guards and replacement with diminished customer service role
- Emergency call buttons redirect to call centre, not on-board crew.
The risk to public safety is unacceptable, and it’s even worse that the Government is trying so hard to hide it.
Will you send the safety report to your MP and ask them to ensure the New InterCity Fleet is safe before it opens its doors?
Just enter your details in the form including your postcode, and it will find your MP. We’ve included a template email that you can edit or replace with your own – and don’t forget to add your own subject line!
The Rail, Tram and Bus Union NSW, which commissioned the report, has written to Premier Gladys Berejiklian urging her to delay the rollout until the trains are safe.
Email your MP now and help us ensure our leaders are transparent about public safety.